For Local and International Students complete the application form
The Philips College welcomes applications from overseas students. In accordance with governmental requirements overseas applicants wishing to apply for study at the Philips College must prepare the items numbered 1 – 6 below in order for an application for a visa to enter Cyprus to be accepted.
All applicants should submit copies of documents 1 – 5 plus item 6 to the College at least 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester. Documents marked with an asterisk * should not be more than 3 months old.
All Items should be certified by the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus PLUS Items 1 -3 should be certified by The Ministry of Justice OR the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Item 4 (the Bankers declaration) should be certified by a Notary Public, Item 5 (the Medical tests) should be certified by The Ministry of Health.
1. A photocopy of the front pages of the applicant’s passport1 (valid for at least 2 years from the date of application);
2. A character reference from police*;
3. A certified copy of the original School Leaving Certificate & transcript of grades, giving evidence of a minimum of 12 years of education;
- copies of a Diploma/Degree are also required for transfer students or entry to a higher Degree
- where applicable an approved English language qualification (e.g. IELTS, TOEFL)
4. a certified copy of a translation of each of the educational documents in English. An original banker's declaration* (in the name of the student’s parents or sponsor) stating that applicants can meet their financial obligations amounting to a minimum of €9600 per year and a letter stating the relationship between the applicant and the sponsor;
5. X-ray and Blood test results* for HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis, Hepatitis (all forms) and Syphilis;
6. An application fee of €150 (non-refundable).
Upon approval by the Migration Authority of Cyprus to attend a visa interview applicants will be issued a letter of acceptance by the Philips College.
Applicants can then attend the visa interview on a specified date at the Embassy/Consulate of Cyprus in their country. In accordance with Migration requirements prior to attending the visa students must transfer a minimum tuition fee deposit of €3200 to a Student Holding Account care of the Philips College.
Payment (in Euros) should be made by means of a money transfer system (Western Union/Money Gramme) or a bank transfer to:
The Hellenic Bank
Swift (BIC) HEBACY2N
IBAN: CY078 0050 0119 0001 1901 0155 5501
Once payment is received a copy of the issued receipt is sent to the applicant and the student may attend the interview. At the interview applicants will be expected to show all the original documents of the copies that were sent to the College plus theacceptance letter for study and the copy of the money transfer receipt received from the College. Students will also be expected toprovide information about their academic intentions, educational background and their intended course of study.
If the application is accepted the student will be provided with a visa to enter Cyprus. Students are then required to transfer to the College any balance of all agreed fees owed to the Philips College prior to travel to Cyprus. Students must carry all original stamped documents to the Embassy/Consulate to Cyprus and on arrival at the port of immigration, are required to provide evidence (e.g. tuition deposit receipts, cash, bankers draft etc.) of foreign exchange amounting to a minimum of €4800.
Once registered students are expected to undergo a new medical examination, obtain medical insurance and open a bank account as part of immigration procedures necessary to obtain a temporary residence permit to study in Cyprus.
Housing of International Students
The College helps international students to settle in their new environment speedily and efficiently so that they devote their time to their studies. In this regard the College offers the following services:
- meeting of student at airport and transportation to Nicosia;
- assistance in the issuing of visas;
- accommodation in flats with other students (normally 3-4 students per flat).
The cost for 40 weeks is approximately Euros 2.000,00.